NYC film acting classes is the ideal environment to work on bringing your characters to life and adding depth.
In a class setting, one actor may ask interview questions and the other actor responds as their character, telling that character's stories and practicing staying in character with their voice and physical mannerisms.
A few questions you might ask of your character:
1. What was your family like, growing up?
2. What are your life's goals?
3. Who is one of your heroes?
4. What's something you've always wanted but have been unable or unwilling to do?
5. What is something that has been unexpected for you in life?
6. What memory do you have of a moment that changed you?
7. What are you most proud of?
8. What are you most ashamed of?
Continue brainstorming questions that might be interesting to explore with your character. What questions need to be asked of every character you play?