Who says kids should have all the fun? We believe that adults deserve a night of fun and role playing with tricks and treats involved. Of course we would. At the New York Acting School for Film and Television, we thought it would be fun to give your some of our favorite ideas for adult Halloween parties, with a twist for the actor in all.
Interested? Grab your latex and feathers…
- Costume Party. Obvious right? But make it good. Perhaps throw in some rules and limitations. Maybe it’s about role reversal; women need to arrive as men and vise versa. Or, you and your guests can draw names out of a hat filled with Villains and Heros. The guests get into character beforehand and have a running feud or challenge with their opponent. At the end, the party votes on the best pair!
- Party Platter. Make sure your party platter is full of ghoulish snacks and treats in disguise. One great go to are the hot dog fingers! You just slice wrinkles for knuckles, brown the link and add a blanched almond for the nail. Finish by keeping blood around for the dipping (a mix of bbq sauce and ketchup!)
- Movie Marathon. Who doesn’t like to watch a movie marathon? Whether you’re costuming or not, this is a great night to catch up on your favorite classic scary films with your friends.
- Themed Quest. It’s a scavenger hunt with bonus fun. Choose a movie, book or theme. Every person is a character from what you’ve chosen. They must research the part and really get in the role. Then, a few people need to create a list of stops. Maybe the quest is for the most chocolate in one place, or to find a woman with green eyes and red hair. Have 3-5 destinations, restaurants/bars/hotels/shops, that you all travel together to or go in 2 groups. The key here is to STAY in character. Take lots of pictures too. You definitely won’t want to forget that.
- Have kids involved? Have the kids show up as movie or book heroes and have the adults in costume of the adult villains associated. Spend the night both spooking and being defeated by the kids. They’ll love it!
At the New York Acting School for Film and Television, we believe in living well and having fun. That’s why we provide the top acting classes and coaches for people looking to turn their talent and love into a career! Whether that’s your path or not, we’d love to meet you and hear from you. From us to you, have a wonderful Halloween!