It is the time of year for reflecting on what we are grateful for, and here in NYC, our acting school has much to give thanks for. A lot of folks have been posting their gratitudes online, so we thought we'd share a few of ours...
1. We are grateful to get to work with such talented and professional students. Whether you are just beginning to act, or whether you have an impressive portfolio, we could not do what we do every day without your presence and commitment. Thank you for letting us support you in the work you love, and supporting us in doing what we love.
2. We are grateful that while so many New Yorkers are in difficult circumstances this month, our school is still able to play and work together. And, for those who have faced losses from Hurricane Sandy...
3. We are grateful that the acting community in New York has come together to weather the storm. The Screen Actors Guild has set up this fund to help actors facing losses. This is just one of so many ways New Yorkers have come together, as well as receiving so much love from around the world.
4. We are grateful for all the great actors and other professionals we have had the opportunity to work with, learn from, and be inspired by over the years. The learning and growing never stops!
5. Finally, we are grateful that none of our performances ever made the cut for this.... ;-)
Hope you have a great holiday and much to give thanks for this year!