You’re a great actor. But talent doesn’t make you go the distance. It’s a key player - but not enough. Many talented actors are out there starving and wishing more about their career than creating it. To create success, you have to take smart action. Acting classes are a key ingredient in that action.
At the New York Acting School for Film and Television, we pride ourselves in our connection with our students and the results they achieve. We provide acting coaching, great for one on one help and a big part of many actor’s success. But the benefits that come from classes are incomparable. Why?
- You’re likely going to be doing more than just monologues right? That means you’ll be engaging with other actors. Some will be good and others won’t. A class helps you to still be your best regardless of what others can and can’t do, while a seasoned professional can give you tips as you go along.
- Classes provide you with solid techniques that you can fall back on and call upon time after time in different situations.
- Classes help you to be able to access and master your emotions amidst the challenges of situations and people dynamics.
- You will receive good, constructive and personal feedback to help you improve your craft.
- Classes help you gain confidence and learn to be more comfortable with performance.
- Attending classes will help you improve your listening skills, by training you to heed instruction and accept constructive criticism, which are essential for an actor.
Those are just the starter reasons to enjoy the benefits of taking acting classes. You'll soon find that not only your skills are improving, but you will also begin to know yourself better; both your strengths and weaknesses alike. Ultimately, you’ll see yourself succeeding as an actor. And that’s what you want, right?